Deadline Dates 2014
Press releases of submission titles via email to email@example.com can be sent from now until the 22nd of August 2013. Books must have been received by all five judges, and one for the administrative team, by Friday 29th of August 2014.
Books Eligible For Entry
- All books, including translations, are welcome if published in Hardback or Paperback between the 1st of October 2013 and 30th of September 2014
- Any book previously published outside the UK before 2013 is eligible if published for the first time in the UK within the above dates.
- Any full-length novel, graphic novels, collection of short stories, non fiction or memoir written by a LGBT author is eligible.
- We will accept advance review copies of the book as long as they available for judges in proof form by Friday 29th of August 2014.
- The submission must be written by a LGBT author, not just be the subject matter
- Authors must be living at the time of the award.
- Books written by any current Green Carnation Prize judge will not be eligible.
- Self published books are not eligible.
- Submissions must be available in print.
- Books must be submitted by a publisher rather than an author.
- Judges may ‘call in’ books from publishers and contact them with regard to these titles.
- No book entered by publishers or called in by the judges will be returned to the publishers.
- The decision of the administration team as to whether a book is eligible shall be binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All submissions are made on a confidential basis.
- United Kingdom publishers may enter as many submissions as they wish which meet the above criteria with scheduled publication dates between the 1st of October 2013 and the 30th of September 2014
- No administrative fee is required at this time.
Clause for the Prize
Any eligible book which is entered for the prize will only qualify for the award if its publisher agrees to contribute 6 copies of any book put forward for The Green Carnation Prize, one for each judge and one for the administrative team.
The Winning Prize
- The prize, as of the date of 25/8/2010, is kudos and taking part for the specific year nominated, however if a sponsor comes into action this could change.
- The judges will be responsible for compiling a longlist of up to 13 books ‘The Green Carnation Bunch’ followed by a shortlist of five or six outstanding books submitted for the prize.
- The panel of judges is chosen by The Green Carnation Honorary Director (Simon Savidge).